Art Barn Privacy Notice
Art Barn Privacy Notice
Art Barn is committed to safe guarding the privacy of our clients.
Art Barn needs to keep certain information about its clients, children attending classes, employees and other users of its facilities to allow it to run safely, effectively and to comply with the law.
Art Barn needs to process information so that we can take bookings and run our classes effectively.
We obtain personal information relating to our clients and we hold this personal data in order to:
- take bookings and register the children into appropriate classes
- In case we need to contact you regarding the classes you attend currently
- Keep you informed of other classes and offers that Art Barn offers.
The data we may collect is: Client’s name, phone number, address and email address. Information about children that we hold will include their full name, date of birth and a contact number. There may also be notes regarding special educational needs they may have and/or relevant medical and dietary information if necessary.
To comply with the law, information must be collected and used fairly, stored safely and not disclosed to any other person unlawfully. Art Barn complies with the Data Protection Principles, which are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation.
In summary these state that personal data shall:
– be obtained and processed fairly and lawfully and shall not be processed unless certain conditions are met
– be obtained for a specified and lawful purpose and shall not be processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose
– be adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes
– be accurate and kept up to date
– not be kept for longer than is necessary for the purpose it was obtained
– be processed in accordance with the data subject’s rights
– be kept safe from unauthorised access, accidental loss or destruction.
In order to ensure that this happens, Art Barn staff who process or use any personal information must ensure that they follow below principles at all times.
Art Barn is committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
Any personal data, which we hold, or for which we are responsible, is kept securely.
Personal information is not disclosed either orally or in writing or accidentally or otherwise to any third party. Art Barn does not share any data with any third parties. We do not collect your credit/debit card details. If you use a credit card to purchase a class from us the credit card details are handled separately by payment partner such as Paypal.
Keeping information up-to-date
Art Barn endeavours to keep your data up-to-date. Any changes to information which has been provided, e.g. changes of contact details, please inform Art Barn by emailing us at [email protected]
Clients have the right to access any personal data that is being kept about them. Any person who wishes to exercise this right should email [email protected]
Retention of data:
Art Barn will keep your data for as long as it’s appropriate and necessary and only for the purpose for which it was collected. You have the right to have your data deleted at any time. You can do this by contacting us via email to [email protected] or use the unsubscribe button on our newsletters. When you choose to unsubscribe to our newsletters, all your information will come off our database and we will not keep any of your personal data.
Any questions or concerns about the interpretation or operation of this policy should be taken up with Sofia Randall.